Sunday, November 28, 2004

Sunday 28th November - No go in the snow.
9 Kms ? - 52 mins 21 seconds - 5m 49s per km

This was meant to be my long run for the week. I set out of the door planning to run 27kms but came back having only achieved 9. So what went wrong? Hopefully this doesn't sound like a feeble excuse, but it snowed on a weekend. Had it been a weekday all kinds of folk would have been jumping onto snowploughs clearing the way. As it was only the areas deemed most necessary were cleared and that means the main roads. I tried to do my long run all the same but it was like running on a beach with fine grain sand. As it was my legs were exhausted when I came back. I will not attempt to do my long run/cut back long run this afternoon when I return from work. I must be mad.

1 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Evil Pixie said...

Two years ago I was in Sweden just before Christmas for work - I took my running shoes but only got as far as the hotel gym. I did walk to the office on more than one occassion much to the amusment of the locals. There is no way I would have attmpted to run in the snow!
Good for you for trying!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home