Saturday, January 29, 2005

What the difference a few days make. If I had written a entry in the middle of the week I would have reported how happy I was with the way my training was coming along. My mileage was heading back towards where it should be, around the 50 miles a week plus area and as an added bonus my times were starting to see an improvement as well. The midweek medium/long run was starting to develop, this week was 10 miles in the next month or so I hope to build this up to half marathon distance. My training was leaving me tired but it was a happy kind of tired with the knowledge that everything was coming together.

So what has changed? The dreaded lurgy has attacked. I awoke this morning with a sore throat and a blocked up nose. Being ill is not something that I do that well, I get too restless to be able to just take it easy and let my body recover. Then I will start thinking have I pushed myself too hard over the last week or so, I have increased the pace after all, and therefore brought the cold upon myself? Maybe, but its more likely because my wife has had a cold all week, I live in a country were minus temperatures are the norm and instead of a nice cosy office I work in a constant 4 degrees warehouse.

So I just have to accept it. I will probably end up loading myself full of fruit this week and multi vitamin drinks to try and help the bugs on there way. I will try and keep the routine up in the coming months as well to try and keep on the right side of the healthy/ill line. If I can keep it up who knows, until recently fruit and myself were usual companions, but it has to be better than being ill.

In reality I guess its not that bad, all going well I should be shot of the sniffes in a few days. I will miss a long run, I had planned my second 20 miler this weekend, but I am ahead of schedule for this marathon so its bearable. It could have been worse a cold is much better than a injury. So no more feeling sorry for myself, I will be back out there running soon and on the right side at least it meant I had the time to blog!

9 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon - Love Mum (You see, you should have eaten all the kiwi fruits when you were at home!

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Hope you're getting some rest and starting to feel better.

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger RobW said...

James - How are you getting on? I trust your still not suffering from the lurgy.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Dan said...

James, ditto the above - are you back on the trail yet?

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings James, you have a pretty cool blog here. I was searching for work from home in the uk. I just started my home business and you can see it at this link - work from home in the uk. Your post title caught my eye - this post. I'm just looking for tips on how to be a better mentor. I know that’s not what you’re going on about in this post but I am trying to expand my vocabulary phrases so I can talk to many different personalities. I mean I have to talk to a lot of people and I need to be able to connect with everyone.

Anyways James, this helped. Keep it up, I'll be back.

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings James, you have a pretty cool blog here. I was searching for home job opportunity work. I just started my home business and you can see it at this link - home job opportunity work. Your post title caught my eye - this post. I'm just looking for tips on how to be a better mentor. I know that’s not what you’re going on about in this post but I am trying to expand my vocabulary phrases so I can talk to many different personalities. I mean I have to talk to a lot of people and I need to be able to connect with everyone.

Anyways James, this helped. Keep it up, I'll be back.

 
At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://hayurymv.com/dkgz/wnrc.html | http://txoqgsxy.com/fxdr/fbmk.html

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Extraordinary job! The data given was very helpful. I hope that you carry on the great job performed.
Santa Ana CA Locksmith
Norwalk Locksmiths
Locksmith Union City
Locksmith Fremont CA
Locksmith Milpitas
RedwoodCity locksmith
miami beach locksmith
locksmith fort worth texas
Aventura FL locksmith
miami beach locksmith
locksmith pembroke pines fl
Aventura FL locksmith
locksmith hialeah
Locksmith Mesquite tx
locksmith fort worth texas
locksmith pembroke pines fl
aventura locksmith
locksmith fort worth
locksmith irvine
fort worth locksmith

 

Post a Comment

<< Home