Sunday, December 05, 2004

Sunday 5th December - There and back again.
28.7 Kms - 2 hours 45 mins 31 seconds - 5m 46s per km

A slow starter this one. The first 2 kilometers were a slice of hell and I really couldn't really see myself getting around. I gritted it out however and by the time the 4th kilometer was completed I had loosened up and was into the swing of things. It wasn't the pleasantest of training weather. Sweden has turned tropical and was 4 plus degrees when I headed out of the door. This at a time of year when if someone doesn't state if its plus or minus they automatically mean that its minus x degrees. The icebugs stayed at home and it was out with the general trainers. It was slippy in places but fine as long as you were careful. No use complaining about it, just have to do the best with the conditions provided. As fair as I am aware the organisers don't shorten the course for those that have been training in less hospitable climates.

Looking back over this years training log reviled that todays run was the longest training run I have ever completed. It also showed how much better prepared I should be for this marathon than I was For Stockholm back in the summer. At the time I was running 32 mile weeks compared to the 45/50 milers I am aiming for at the moment. My four longest runs were only 11, 12, 15 and 17 miles which this time around with 130 days remaining to race day I am already well in advance of. The signs are good, now fingers crossed for a mild winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home