Friday, February 11, 2005

Wednesday saw my second run since illness and this time I did take it easy. I don't want to end up back on the sicklist so I will also be taking it easy on my long run this week keeping it at the half marathon distance and taking a couple of weeks to get back where I was with the 20 milers. Despite taking it easy on Wednesday I still managed to get around the 11 kilometers in 8 min 11 mile pace so it was still reasonably quick. I can only assume that it was my legs were still feeling fresh from the break. It will therefore be interesting to see how much easier it will be able to run after a two week taper in April. After some of my runs I have been thinking I don't know how I will be able to keep this pace up for the full distance but after this recent enforced taper I am starting to think maybe I can. Even illness can have a silver lining.

6 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Hi Mate,
hope the trainings going better than the blogging! Mines not too good but still persevering.

 
At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on now James - I know you've had a few minor things to do, like buying a house, but really .....

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on now James - I know you've had a few minor things to do, like buying a house, but really ..... No really - congrats, love Mum & Dad

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Maria said...

He is busy...busy eating all the cookies in the house! Well that is what he seems to be doing when im not paying attention to the cookie jar anyway... ;o)

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger Wemaster said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger Wemaster said...

Saludos desde Iquique Chile

 

Post a Comment

<< Home