Monday, December 13, 2004

A week to forget. A total of 14 kilometers divided into 2 runs is the pathfetic contribution I provided to my training last week. Not something to be proud of but don't worry I have my excuses lined up. Monday, car battery totally flat, morning wasted trying to find a garage with jump leads and recharging battery. Tuesday, car battery still flat after a night of charging, first 7 kilometers run going to the garage at least. Wednesday, taken shopping, best not to upset the wife.

Thursday, wash day. 7 machine loads to be washed and sorted while Remembering to clean the fint tray in the tumble drier. Washing is a deadly activity in Sweden. A tame Swede can be turned into a raging lion for the slightest distermeaner committed in a laundry room. Thankfully I survied. Friday 7 hour journey to Gotenberg but I still managed a 7km run. Saturday Christmas shopping with the rest of the population of Sweden. Sunday the 7 hour return journey.

So you see it wasn't really my fault I haven't trained that much in the last 7 days. Now I will just have to keep on repeating that until I actually believe it myself..

2 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Never mind mate, we all have weeks like it. This week is a new one - hope it works out better :)

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger RobW said...

Don't worry about it. Everyone has their off weeks. Still over 17 weeks to go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home